Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Drought Is Over

Today for the first time in almost 3 weeks I swam and did a 1,100 meters in just under 30 minutes. Its a slow time I know. My main set was 10x100 on 2:30. I was giving myself a 30-40 second rest in between sets because I wanted to calm down and just make sure I gave each set its own respect instead of slowly dropping time and form as I progressed.
Long before Hurricane Katrina hit shore I was planning on riding to work the next two days. Thats 30 miles round trip and then 40-50 planned on Sunday. Add that to my 10+ last night and I'll go over 100 miles this week easy. Because I have changed up my weekend routines I won't get a run of any distance over 10k until Monday so my weekly run average is going to look terrible. Its Wednesday night and I have only ran 3 miles. I would normally be around 12-15 by now.
But I can't complain, I will get in a lake swim Saturday and add...I don't know, 500 meters I guess. Have only done one non-pool swim this year so I am being careful.

2 comments:

Phil said...

hehehe... those damn Canadiuns, meters and kilometers... next we'll be speakin French. :-)

But seriously - good work in the pool - especially considering your hiatus. BTW - there's a great (short) Triathlon swim workout posted HERE.

mipper said...

good job swimming. now, come north a bit and throw me into the pool at my club!