Thursday, August 4, 2005

The Experiment In Mind Reading Concludes

The 35-39 age grouper answers the following questions in today's installment of "GUESS WHAT THE WOMAN IS REALLY SAYING."
"Did the intreped athlete make the right decision last night?"
"Was Mistress happy or mad to see the athlete?"
"And most importantly- Did he train?"
Well all the fussing over running to and from swim practice was moot as I left my running shoes at home. Dosen't it always work that way? To answer the last important question first, Did I train last night? Well of course. Like I said they, the swim coaches, changed the time of practice so I went to my club and swam there. It was a good workout and I was able to check in with the new managers we put in the club. Two birds with one stone.

Was Mistress happy or mad to see me last night when I got home and was it the right decision to choose the earlier workout? Mistress was very happy that I got home when I did. Between being dehydrated, running to you know where without warning and a Mighty Mo whose sole job now, it seems, is to sit on the puppy until he yelps, I was warmly greeted with a, "Hello Dear, I am sooo glad to see you, hold him, I'm going upstairs for few minutes. BTW, you're on your own for dinner, I didn't make anything."

"Wait, you didn't make anything? I can't cook. Is there anything in the...ah crap you can't hear me your upstairs."

So I guess I made the right decision after all.

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Great job avoiding the wrath of pissed.off.wife.mother...

It is not pretty...I have seen it.

Anonymous said...

The Radical Islamists and Liberalism more at
Far Right Wing

Wil said...

Com, this is just hilarious. Just hilarious. Poor little puppy...

The puppy...the ACTUAL puppy I'm sayin'!

Keryn said...

I'm glad you trained and I'm glad you didn't meet a wrathful wife at home. Its good to balance your needs with hers.

I Can Tri said...

Good call, bro!

"...in all things, wisdom..."

tri-mama said...

You are so dead if she heard you complaining that she didn't make dinner. How can you expect a woman who has spent 48 hours puking to think even remotely about food.

You'd better go buy her some ginger ale, some flowers and suggest she take it easy this weekend just to make sure she's feeling better.