Thursday, August 11, 2005

Is This Humidity Or Am I Swimming...

Actually today I was swimming but its hard to tell lately. With the monsoon season being especially hard on the Valley Of The Sun this year, Phoenix resembles more Florida than Arizona. The highs are below 100 degrees but the humidity and dew points are well into the 70's or higher. The storms are coming with more regularity than me with an upset stomach and they all drop at least an inch and hour.

Unfortunately a 7 year old girl who was fleeing her farm with her family was swept away and perished when an 8 foot flash flood pulled her away from the person holding her. That sucks.

I had an appointment at my club with a pool so I crawled into it this morning for a short recovery type swim. I did 10x100 on 2:30. I was averaging about 1:45 per 100 and I so needed the extra time for rest.

This thing in my system is not giving up gently. On Tuesday I thought I screwed up and had some kind of dairy (I am lactose intolerant) because I went to bed and woke up Wednesday with a 'hollow' feeling stomach. You know just that ache. Well it didn't go away yesterday or this morning so that and the cough are still hanging around. I stopped taking cold medicine Tuesday thinking that would help my body recover but now I am considering alternate workouts to a long run or bike this weekend. Doing either with a twitchy stomach, and I think you all know what I mean, is not the best, most productive way to train.

No comments: