Monday, August 1, 2005

Hooray! I go up an age group today

Today I turn 35 years old. While I appreciate birthdays more than so than say Father's day, today the best gift is that my next race will done in a less competitive age group.

Yesterday Mistress dragged me out to find a new or new and matching LazyBoy recliner as the one I got at 30 is officially destroyed as of last week. We went to some stores and I sat in dozens but I just didn't find anything to I liked. For one, the last chair is now discontinued so no more storage areas under the armrests, with built in massage controls. Now its all about design.

In my heart I would put that $500-$1800 on a new bike. Heck I would be fine in a $50 reclining camp chair, they even make them in ten different colors, and put the rest into a new ride. Oh well, I didn't bring it up but that's what happens I guess.

In a change of tune, I bought my mom a new Hoover Floormate. She watches the Mighty Mo four days a week for free and as such I feel I need to do good things for her. Plus as I have stated many times I am not a fake holiday guy like Mom's Day. I prefer to do nice things for my loved ones year round rather than be reminded by some Greeting Card-Candy-Industrial-Complex browbeating me and guilting me to buy something.

Today and tomorrow will be picture blog days. I have some pictures now from my camping trip and I got my film developed from the PCH trip. I also got a quarterly newsletter from my professional triathlete buddy, Joe Umphenour and he sent some great action photos. He is having a great session and I will write about that in detail later.

9 comments:

Flatman said...

Hey Buddy,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLD MAN!!! Ha, 3 years older than me...I'll never get in to the next age group it seems.

Hope your day is filled with good times...three cheers for the Commodore!

P.S. At least Robo-Stu didn't call you a "bitch"!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

tryathlete said...

Happy Birthday! Continue to inspire others never to succumb to common man syndrome.

Wil said...

YAY!! Happy birthday! I hope you have an awesome day :)

mipper said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a GREAT day!

btw, i got my recliner at Costco for $300. it's leather on top but the rest is vinyl (maybe tacky, i know, but with 4 kids... you've got to be practical). i love it and i actually have to kick the rest of the family out of it so i can sit in it. just a thought. check your wholsale warehouses... we've bought a lot of really nice furniture there for half the retail price.

again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Com!

(have you recovered from Robo-Stu yet?... how brutal!)

Keryn said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great time.

Brett said...

Welcome to my age group! Happy Birthday!

Ironayla said...

Happy Birthday (even thought it is a bit late)! And congrats on the new age group.

tri-mama said...

Happy Birthday-

35, you're still a young pup :) Although the whole buy a recliner for your bday- how "common man" is that. But, wives always know best....:)