Tuesday, August 2, 2005

My photo journey on the PCH












Robo-Stu is once again in front of the formation. During this shot he is instructing Joel on the finer points of proper training.

Do you notice the four leaf clover on Robo-Stu's jersery. I notice in a lot of my photos I am seeing this part of his jersey...the back of it that is. Geeesh and we haven't even left yet.












This is the original four horseman of Orange County. Their comraderie and friendship is quite evident and as I was driving back it makes me want to reconsider the singularity in which I train.












No good adventure is worth its salt without a proper 'Going Off' picture. Kahuna Jr. snapped this for us.

Oh look finally a picture of Robo-Stu from the front with my camera...doh, I am still behind him.

As the Kahuna writes about quite often I am still three days later haunted by the taunts of Robo-Stu. Not in a bad way by any means, more like a drill instuctor. He really only wants the people around him to be successful and yes it is tough love. Should it be any other way really?












When I took this, I think Head Doc was trying to convince Kahuna to do a triathlon race or a swim distance race the next day.

Prodigal Joel was having none of that and distanced himself.












Overlooking Trestles, which if I remember rightly is the name of an area that has some of the best waves in the world. The perfect tour guide Kahuna was pointing out numerous landmarks from our vantage and even snapped off a call to Kahuna Jr., to give him the surf update.

9 comments:

tarheeltri said...

I agree Comm, the more I read the Kahuna's site, the more I want a training partner.

Anyone in Raleigh want to ride at 6 am on the weekends?

Flatman said...

What time would I need to leave Texas to be in Raleigh by 6am (by bike)?

Those are great pictures, Comm! I really need this in my life. Someone to call me a bitch when I take weeks off at a time!

tarheeltri said...

Good idea Flatman, we need a Robo Stu site with a picture of him in tri gear pointing his finger like the old Uncle Sam photos, with the caption "Don't be a bitch!" People like us could click on it for motivation!

Keryn said...

That is a fantastic idea! Whooo...that is funny. Uncle Robo-Stu!

Comm - I love the pics. I love the line, "Their comraderie and friendship is quite evident and as I was driving back it makes me want to reconsider the singularity in which I train." I too train completely alone - it's MY time. But I do find myself wanting a training partner every now and then.

Anyone in Omaha/Council Bluffs want to come train with me? I don't think I can make it to Texas or North Carolina on a regular basis. :)

Comm's said...

Thanks Keryn, that was exactly the sentiment I was trying to convey.

Nancy Toby said...

OK, we're all very envious! Sounds like a great time!!!

Phil said...

It sounds like you had a great time. You should get Discovery Channel to fund a repeat trip so you can document the TriGeek Dreams training buddies for the world to see.

Wil said...

These pics are awesome! There's something to be said for training alone, helps to hone in the focus on self-discipline, but I don't think that people are solitary creatures. That human contact is exactly what we need sometimes. Hell, guess that's one reason that we all blog about this stuff!

Chris said...

Must have been a great ride. PCH is gorgeous!