Thursday, August 4, 2005

What's A Guy To Do?

So I am sitting in our managers meeting today, sitting across from my partner whom I share an office with. I grab my green Gatorade bottle and squeeze some water in my mouth and put the bottle back on the table. Now the whole time I am doing this I am looking at my business partner and notice his complete attention focused on the bottle.

As I put the bottle back down, we make eye contact and I smile at him, but instead of smiling back he waves me in to whisper something to me. I figure he wants to mention something about Gatorade or comment on the meeting.

He says to me, "Do you know how many F-ing sports bottles of yours I had to move this morning to get my sh*t done..five." I just about fell down laughing it was so funny. Why you ask? Mistress said the exact same thing, almost verbatim, last night.

I guess I have a dozen or more bottles; one in each running belt I have collected (3), gatorade bottles (4), a bunch for the bike, always keep one in the car, a couple of nalogens, oh yeah I generally use them for liquid around the house so Mighty Mo or the puppy don't spill its contents all over the floor horsing around. So yeah a dozen is about right.

They are in the sink soaking, on the desk or counter airing out. On the floor half full around my desk. I guess I need to work on that huh?

6 comments:

Keryn said...

Now see, I'm thinking that's a great way to make sure you drink enough water. Especially given your tendancy to workout in extreme heat. Sounds like a good thing to me. I may actually have to pick up some more bottles...

Chris said...

Heh. I'm convinced that water bottle multiple by themselves during the night when nobody is looking. I have an entire cupboard full of em.

tarheeltri said...

Wow... I have to search for all mine in CB's bedroom, her playroom, the sandbox, under the sofa... she always like my water bottles over the sippy cups!

Brett said...

Same problem here. I sometimes think that folks I work with think I like to go to the bathroom a lot just to goof off. :)

Flatman said...

My wife has started throwing some of my old bike water bottles out!

The horror...sometimes I go looking for one and it has disappeared!

I don't throw away her shoes...and trust me there are many more shoes in the house than water bottles!

tarheeltri said...

Good point flatman! Same problem here. How many black pairs of shoes does a woman need!?!?! Shouldn't you need like one color each?