Friday, August 26, 2005

Professional Taxi At Your Service- Good Rates

I am still trying to figure out how to get in a ride. I'll let you know.

My partner had a brake problem and needed me to pick him up at the dealership this morning and drive him to the office. No problem, slight detour but no problem.

The Saturn VUE that Mistress drives was acting up last night and she scheduled an appointment with the dealership to have it checked. As a dutiful Mistress she arranged all the transportation issues and shuttling about. As she went to drive to the dealership she found the rear tire blown out. Not flat but a blow out. Well, she has clout and got a couple of trainers to change the tire for her but her call to the dealership notified her that she would miss the shuttle departure.

A frantic call later, I clear out my schedule to follow her to the dealership, drive her to my mom's to borrow The Colonels Explorer (he's in Korea this month) and then back to the office just in time to pick up two partners and meet our pastor for lunch. He had never had a Kobe Beef burger so we wanted to indulge him. I am in such a giving mood driving everyone around today that I pick up the lunch tab. Ouch, when you read two paragraphs down.

As we drive back to the club, car problem partner gets a call that his car was transferred to another shop and fixed. Now its another taxi for him way up north to get his car and back to the office.

Mistress calls telling me she gets her car back today but needs help shuttling all the borrowed and sitting vehicles around so that she can get Mighty Mo by 5 p.m. Also that the dealership could not find a problem at first and then found that the computer shut down the transmission and on top of having to buy one new tire, the front tire had a two inch nail in it and must be replaced. Mistress is tired of nursing this Saturn after 150,000 miles on the last Saturn that performed flawlessly. She has know told me I will be buying her a new Ford Explorer or Escape within the week. Gulp. "Yes, Mistress. As you wish, what color do you want?"

And I have exactly 4 minutes to meet her at my parents who live 20 minutes away. I guess I better start loading all my workout bags and bike up and get going.

2 comments:

Keryn said...

Sounds like fun. Really. Actually, I sympathize. The last three cars we've bought were chosen because our car literally died in the parking lot of the auto dealership. Talk about timing. No negotiations allowed, we must leave today with a new car. :( Hell on the pocketbook. But at least you got your cool yellow bike first. :)

Wil said...

Heh - you'd better hope for negative splits my friend! Here's to you not getting chewed :)