Monday, August 15, 2005

Why Does Monday Always Seem Like Square One?

I am not the only one who in The Valley Of The Sun affected by this damn Upper Respitory Infection (URI). The consensus is that its a nasty bugger who won't go. So as I dejectedly drove into work this morning it was 'comforting' to know that I was not the only one who had a relapse.

Going into the weekend I felt like I could go long, but shouldn't. I got up at the same time as I would for a long run but instead watched Land Before Time and the Scooby Doo Movie with my son while Mistress and Guest slept in. By Sunday a combination of URI, cabin fever, lack of energy and poor nutrition I was mentally just ready to give it all up.

A hot bath didn't work, so I tried a cold bath and didn't work. What worked was a dark room, some Powerbar Recovery and isolation. I woke up this morning feeling like I am finally, finally done with it.

So why does Monday always feel like square one? Am I the only one who judges his level of training by how many articles of clothing need to washed on the weekend? A low laundry weekend the sign of lack of training.

Every Monday is full of possibilities for an exciting new week of training. I have plans this week that are compatible with what I think is pushing it and will keep you all up to speed just like all of you plan on doing for me.

Think Big, think impossible, be great.

5 comments:

tarheeltri said...

"Think Big, think impossible, be great."

I like that. Statements like that inspire me. Thanks!

Flatman said...

...Am I the only one who judges his level of training by how many articles of clothing need to washed on the weekend?...

My wife was just commenting on this very topic yesterday. She can't believe the clothes I am going through with this marathon training. It seems as though I am always sweating and showering and in turn changing clothes.

She's a saint, that girl...

mipper said...

great post. love it. i hope you can shake the illness for good. feel better and keep inspiring us. :)

bunnygirl said...

I hope you've turned the corner on that stupid illness.

You're completely right about the laundry. If I have any clean socks, shorts or bandanas at the end of the week, something's wrong.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

A man who notices laundry! You are quite the Renaissance guy. The training will come. Glad to hear you are doing better!