Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Training For The Day

So all the weather wonks said that today would start a trend of slightly below normal temperatures. "Wow what a great day to ride to work and back." So I jumped on the ole stead and peddled on in. Good ride, averaged a bit over 20 mph on the 15 mile ride to the office.

I was just outside and crap did it feel hot. I thought it is at least 110 degrees. So I check the online sources and no it is still 'below' normal at 102 degrees but its 30% humidity. No wonder it felt weird. Some deal called the Dew Point is at 68. Now supposedly this number is in relation to the monsoon season and the first three consecutive days over 52 or 55 signals the start of the monsoon. I don't know about all of that but I no if the number is high, that is bad. When the number is low, that is not as bad. I suppose in areas where the Dew Point is not even mentioned is flippin' great.

So I will complete the circuit, baring monsoon, and get in a nice 30 miles today.

7 comments:

Keryn said...

You know, those California guys may have kicked you around on the hills, but you can probably lap them with a big smile on your face in this kind of heat. :)

Keryn said...

You know, those California guys may have kicked you around on the hills, but you can probably lap them with a big smile on your face in this kind of heat. :)

White Salamander said...

Good Job, that is exactly what I want to do. A daily 30 mile circuit. You would think that a daily ride like that would get my butt in shape

Wil said...

NICE!!!!!!! What a great idea - but take care of yourself in that insane heat - that's just ridiculous!

Flatman said...

Man, you are going to be well done by the end of this summer...

Keep that sunscreen handy!

tri-mama said...

they always say it's not the heat, it's the humidity...but what do they say when you have both.

BTW: I'm gathering a contingent of Chang's runners, we should confirm and register within a few weeks.

Chris said...

Ouch. The one thing you're not supposed to have IN A DESERT is humidity. That sucks. Make sure you stay hydrated!