Saturday, August 20, 2005

TaDa

Here is the photo of my new ride just after our maiden voygae which went so well. Once again here is the techy stuff:
2004 Giant TCR which is a 17 pound ultra-light composite compact road frame with Shimano Ultegra components ($$$),
Front fork upgrade to a carbon fiber Reynolds Ouzo Pro Intergrated ($350),
Handlebar upgrade to a wider Bontrager Race Lite CX Bar ($50)
Profile Design Air Stryke (folding) aero bars ($100)
Selle Itialia Flite Ti Seat ($75),
2 carbon fiber Bontrager Race X-Lite bottle cages ($50 each),
Rims upraded to Easton Vista ($250 set),
Sigma BC 1600 cyclocomputer ($25).
Did a 28 mile ride, average speed I think is about 19 miles per hour. I could really feel a big difference on hills. The gearing is better suited for hills. We rode a loop around a route that I have done many times and I averaged 3.5 mph up a hill that has always caused me problems. So that is nice.

There was two groups going out, a semi-professional team going 50-60 at a fast pace and a no-drop which going 30. I was in the no drop and there was six of us, none who had rode the course before. So we lost sight of the main group due to stoplights and made up our own route. Went through some million dollar mansion areas which made things nice to see.

When we got back I did a quick transition and ran for 23 minutes.

Like I have mentioned I have been praying and meditating a lot on the arc of my training and it turns out two of the guys in my group are in an Ironman training group that is situated right around my neighberhood. So I gave him my info an hope to here from him next week or from the coach. This is promising.

Well I am off to try and catch the end of Mighty Mo's swim lesson.

10 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

She's beautiful! Almost as beautiful as Buttercup! Same color, though! What's her name!?

Keryn said...

She's absolutely fabulous! I am green with envy!

Kona Shelley said...

I love yellow...sweet bike!!!!

Flatman said...

Beautiful! Good for you Comm, you definitely deserve her. I only hope I can ride beside her someday!

tri-mama said...

Happy Birthday to You! That is a great looking bike, maybe it's time to take on the OC to San Diego ride again :)

delayed comment, I'm glad you are looking into a group, I joined a tri club here, and even though I don't get to make many of the group workouts, it's great having others to ask questions and draw on for workouts when I have the chance. I like to train alone, but working out with others helps me push a little harder and a little better than when I am alone.

Brett said...

Sweet bike!

Chris said...

What a fantastic ride! It's yellow... it MUST be fast! ;)

Wil said...

LOVE it!!! Wow!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Beautiful! May you share many long, successful rides with your new bike.

mipper said...

gorgeous!