Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Racing To Beat The Band

No sooner do I get into the house than the wind picks up to 40 mph and it rains two inches in an hour. This morning the news reports gusts of 65 mph, cars and manhole covers floated away, roofs collapsed on grocery stores and dozens of trees were struck by lightening. Fish were found in areas fish should not be. One of the biggest monsoon storms of recent history though not the fierciest.



I read about all the Alliance blogs in the mid-west and how they write about beating the storms before they hit. Its not something that I really have to worry about here but its now a concern with the monsoons.

Today is master's swim practice, at an outdoor pool. I can't believe that there would be practice during one of these but they can be so unpredicable that I will show up and if its cancelled its cancelled or if its called during the practice so be it. The only issue I have today is that I was going to run the 2 miles there and back from my office. Obviously that is not a smart plan if there is a repeat performance.

6 comments:

robo-stu said...

Commie:

The easiest thing in the world to do is to come up with an excuse NOT to work out. If the weather's bad, WORK OUT INSIDE! Hit one of your gyms. Get your run in on the treadmill. Swim in an indoor pool. Bike the stationery bike. You are a triathlete, aren't you?

Flatman said...

Relentless...

Oldman said...

wow great photos... just go to the pool expecting it to be open....it prob will be.

The Big Cheese said...

Last night was crazy. I think I ran over about 50 tumbleweeds driving home. What was even more crazy is that there was a man running at 8:30 on Pecos Road, with all this going on. My truck was straining against the wind, visibility was extremely low because of all the sand in the air, and this guy was just moving along.

Keryn said...

Robo Stu strikes again...and he's always right, isn't he? :)

Wil said...

HOLY CRAP! I'd have had an attack of some kind...that's just too amazing.