Saturday, August 6, 2005

Saturdays In The Bag

Well no bike ride Friday, I am very sad to report. The Mighty Mo took a turn for the worse and I ended up waiting to get more prescriptions filled at the pharmacy and well he takes priority. Is it really bad when you know the pharmacist by name and know about his family and the same goes for him? Hell he remembered my birthday.

Drove up to SRC today for the group run, actually showed up 15 minutes later than normal for the 0630 start and no one was there. Did I miss the memo? So I started on my own. A very hot and humid run I must say. As I was coming back on the 10k I ran past a small group of unknowns, some with SRC apparel, but no group guides. Turns out it did start on time.

Finished the run and flew down to my pool club and put in 1500 yards. I did three drills: catch ups, finger tips, fists for 400 yards each and then some warm ups and cool downs.

Postscript on the run. Its normally so hot that the sweat just evaporates in the heat and drys your shirt. Which is nice because the shirt is not really that messed up. Today I had the unique ability to squeeze about a 1/2 cup of sweat out my cotton shirt.

The rest of today is Mighty Mo duty. Mistress and friend are doing the whole 80's movie song montage thing today, you know the part towards the end of the movie with the peppy song and the group is shopping, trying on outfits, eating, causing mischief all in fast motion, while simultaneously learning an important lesson on life and love. Yeah well all that without learning the lesson.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You let your kid get in the way of your training? What kind of parent are you? :P

400 yards of fist drill is no joke, man. I can only do that for like 25 yards before I go nuts.