Thursday, September 1, 2005

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It Off To Work I Go

I spend basically the first 7 days of the month in the office working on closing out the previous months audits and sitting in on meeting. So I am riding into work for the next few days at least. Its a 15 mile ride in, so I'll add 30 miles a day to my training. Saves me 2 gallons of gas a day or an extra $6 bucks that I'll probably just throw into a 'You Drive/I Buy' run to Starbucks.

I finished my jug of PowerBar Recovery and just bought CytoMax Orange. I liked the PowerBar, it has a good taste, but found it better for end of day or under the weather recovery rather than benefiting from it during exercise. I am going to mix my Cytomax with a pure carb alternative to bulk up the calories. I was looking for CarbPro because they have an Orange flavor that would mix well with the Cytomax, but had to settle for some other brand. Their both still within expiration but had to dust the cobwebs off. I guess they don't sell much CHO (carbohydrate) related items at the muscle head store next to my club.

Get it in and get it done.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Nice. With gas on the rise and the nice (read: not blistering hot) season coming to your guys in AZ, riding to and from work is such a nice option to have. I'll be *very* jealous of the rides that you're able to get in while I'm digging myself an igloo here in a few months.

mipper said...

smart thinking to combine your commute with your weekly mileage, especially with the gas prices at a temporary freak out. i'm hearing of places that are gouging at $5 a gallon. insanity. ride on, i say!

Comm's said...

Chris i don't know if I can train in 40 degree temperature.

tarheeltri said...

Super jealous of being able to ride to work... I did that for about a year when I lived right behind the trail Nancy Toby runs on all the time up in VA. I miss that!

Flatman said...

If only I had a shower and a safe route, I'd so be commuting!!!

Wil said...

I would so love to ride to work! I just can't figure out how to get my three bags of crap there, too! Then turn around and pick up the kids at preschool on the way home. Grrr.