Friday, August 12, 2005

Birthday for Mistress

Today is my wife's birthday. I call her my Mistress because there are so many connotations to that word. A Mistress of Love or a Mistress of Pain for example. But I call her Mistress because I have never lost that feeling of Want that I had when I first met her.

Do you remember when you met someone that you absolutely had to be with but knew she (or he, lets not discriminate) was out of your class, above your level, unobtainable. That's what I feel like on a daily basis. Well.. we have been married for ten years so maybe not daily, but you understand.

So I went out and bought an expensive piece of jewelry, (damn thing cost me a third of a new road bike) and she loves it. I never know what to get her so I just get her everything. Whenever we are out, if she remarks on something with interest, I will take a few days to feel her out to see if its something she really wants or needs and then get it for her. She is really a simple person which makes it easy. Just odds and ends for around the Casa, jewelry...and I need to put my shoes away.

Mistress does not read my blog, so this is an unproclaimed shout out to her, "I love you and I don't care who knows!"

mis·tress (my notations in blue) n.
  1. A woman in a position of authority, control, or ownership, as the head of a household: “Thirteen years had seen her mistress of Kellynch Hall” (Jane Austen).
    1. A woman who owns or keeps an animal: such as a triathlete without a race.
    2. A woman who owns a slave. A woman married to a man who loves shiny things.
  2. A woman with ultimate control over something (someone): the mistress of her own mind (or his actions).
    1. A nation or country that has supremacy over others: Great Britain, once the mistress of the seas.
    2. Something personified as female that directs or reigns: “my mistress... the open road” (Robert Louis Stevenson).
  3. A woman who has mastered a skill or branch of learning: a mistress of the culinary art.
  4. A woman who has a continuing sexual relationship with a usually married man who is not her husband and from whom she generally receives material support. (Shes told people shes not related to me but she gets half my money anyway)
  5. Mistress Used formerly as a courtesy title when speaking to or of a woman.

3 comments:

Phil said...

For the ultimate gift, why not suprise her with a new dashing outfit for yourself.

Something to remind her how lucky she is to have such a manly husband.

How about something from the new 2005 Orca Line... oh I don't know... a PFlex wetsuit - she'll be so happy you cared so much.

Diamonds are over-rated nothing says "I Love You", like the tight fit of neoprene!

Wil said...

COM! You better quit!!!

JK - this is so sweet! She's a lucky gal!

Keryn said...

That is wonderfully sweet!

I do love that the "expensive" jewelry cost only a third the cost of your new road bike. You're cute.