Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Back To The Basics

Well the workout today was both redemptive and invigorating. A thank you to all who were kind enough to leave me kind words. Isn't funny how something as simple as a bad cold can wipe you out?

Just finished a two set circuit of front lat pull downs, seated rows, incline chest, flat chest, leg extension, leg curl, calves, ten minutes of core work on a Swiss ball and 30 minutes on a stationary bike. Very basic, not difficult. Got the nose running and the lungs open.

Talked to the head coach of my swim team, Simon and he has been advising the other swimmers coming down with the same crude I did, to take our time coming back. So I will be back to the group next week.

Juggling a lot of different thoughts and actions on how I am going to approach my training through next November. I have been reviewing my goals and comparing them to my training patterns and my routines and may re-arrange the method and ways I do things. Oh I am still counting down to IMFL in 2006, come on I'm not giving that up, but I am moving need to adjust my periodization program. I am spending too much time in zones I should not be and think overall I am not maximizing my training time.

So with that subconscious rebuke, no more blogging today, I got ten minutes to spare and I am doing a few more sets of something.

"Any activity is better than inactivity"

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Glad to hear you've bounced back! And let us know how that periodization thing develops!

Chris said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Being sick is always the pits. :/

Oldman said...

so the chicken soup worked? don't over do it, get plenty of rest and drink a lot of fluids..beer, wine, tequlia, wishkey, etc.