Wednesday, August 3, 2005

"Ain't There No Love In This House?"

I think Mistress has been talking to Robo-Stu. And I certainly don't mean that in a bad way or to bring the persona of Stu to this blog. Robo is thru and thru a Tri Geek Kahuna icon and I only continue to mention him because I think he scared something loose in me and now I am jumpy.

Like the captain of the football team who is also the school bully, even though he always slams you into lockers you keep looking for some kind of approval that will never come. That might be a bit too tough, Stu is a great man and I look forward to meeting him again but he has a way of well...tough love. Now God Bless my wife she does too. I mean she has always been a 'tough love gal' but today has been a tough day for her and she wasn't into my 'waffling mood' and jumped on me like a cyclist on a Cervelo P3 Carbon.

I was explaining to her that I may or may not run to swim practice and that it was moved to a later time so I would be getting back later at night or that I would bail out of work now and go to my club and run and swim there or because she left work early and has been puking her guts up all day (among cough cough other things) I would come home a take over some Mighty Mo duties so she could get some rest. (I think that last offer was a kind gesture on my part even though I didn't want to do it).

Well she turns around and says, "Your the one that made this big commitment. Go to the gym or quit, its on you." Hello! Did Mistress just tell me to workout while she is in distress?

Well heck yeah I'm leaving to workout right now. But let me tell you this...I know Mistress and if I abuse this generostity and just blow off the fact that shes been blowing all day and workout till my hearts content and come home when I want, my house will not be content for a long time. She will use it against me for weeks that I did not help her when she was down.

Yes, yes, yes I know she said something different. But don't you get it-SHE IS A WOMAN. I don't understand women, even my spouse. So when my mind comprehends her telling me one thing its a pretty good sign I need to do EXACTLY the oppossite. So a quick run on the treadmill (damn monsoon warnings) and a swim in the pool.

8 comments:

Wil said...

LOL...buck up little camper.

Sorry, I've been dying to say that for real all day.

Chris said...

Women... ummmm... that's all I'm going to say before I get in trouble! ;)

I Can Tri said...

"A happy wife leads to a happy life." Words of wisdom from one recently re-educated dude...

Keryn said...

Maybe she realizes you'll be easier to live with if you get a good solid workout in. My husband has told me many times that he'd rather lose sleep and get up with our son on Sunday morning just to allow me the good long workout I need to be a human being later in the day.

bari said...

From the way you describe women, I guess my husband must be one! So did you have a workout with the new swim coach??

Flatman said...

All I can say is:

You are not alone...

tri-mama said...

Oh, you men. We're not all that complicated, are we? Ok, we are. But what we really want is for you to figure out that we want your help without always having to ask directly.

tri-mama said...

Oh, you men. We're not all that complicated, are we? Ok, we are. But what we really want is for you to figure out that we want your help without always having to ask directly.