Thursday, May 19, 2005

Wow That Was Cool

Just finished my 1-on-1 and boy did I learn a lot. Christopher Aikens with Sun Devil Masters program took me through many drills. He is very laid back, is a triathlete himself so he understands my goals and believes they are very doable.

I did not stay for the tri-swim group but will get back to them at the end of the month after the conference. He is actually a member, loves my clubs and I hooked him up with one of my trainers to train him 1-on-1.

He figures I did about 600 yards and my drill set until our next session is the following:
8x25 fingertip drill or shark fin drill?
8x25 catch up drill or hands out in front and hand touches hand before next one moves
8x25 fist drill or swim with closed hands

After each 25 meter drill I do a recovery 25 of free swim. So its a 1200 meter workout.

I love structure.

2 comments:

Wil said...

WOW! That's the farthest you'll have gone yet isn't it!? That sounds like an awesome program. Pretty soon you'll be faster than Kahuna on the swim ;)

soccerdad said...

geez, i really need something like this. my swimming is horrific. it's great that you're taking the extra step to make swimming one of your strengths.