Saturday, May 28, 2005

What is it with strawberries?

I make a conscious decision to avoid strawberries. I won't eat them. I refuse to eat them in any food. I won't buy or eat food that has strawberries in them.

You see, strawberries are taking over the world. Everything you can possibly eat has strawberries in them. One friend when I was explaining that strawberries are in everything said, "Well what about beef they dont put strawberries in beef?" Well I do eat beef, and thank the good Lord no one has figured out how to add strawberries to that but I refuse to buy or consume protien bars with them in it. That made sense to him.

I am so sick of seeing strawberries. The reason I mention this was at the conference dinner last week the salad had, you guessed it strawberries. I asked who wanted them and thats how we got on the subject. They had a good laugh and then later when desert arrived...yep, you guess it brownies with strawberries AND strawberry sauce. They laughed at my observation but now they begin to understand.

Its a conspiracy I tell you! Think about it almost everything comes in strawberry. I so sick of seeing and tasting it that many, many months ago I said "Enough, begone".

Oh I still eat other berries, eat them all the time. I love blackberries and raspberries, huckleberrys, blueberries, snozberries, just about all berries, except that cursed strawberry. Did you know that strawberries are the only fruit with the seeds on the outside of the skin. Thats scary right there.

I am sure that many of you have certain food foilables, don't eat certain M&M's, avoid either Coke or Pepsi but not both, you see my point. Love to eat cookies but refuse to eat Oreo's.

Its been even longer since I have had anything Cherry related, years in fact. Cherry is in everything. I had an upset stomach, pre-lactose intolerance discovery, so I bought Pepto Bismol. Damn thing now comes in Cherry flavor. I refused to open it. I went through hell that night because of that damn Cherry flavor. They even make cherry flavored chapstick, whats up with that? Its not like your supposed to eat it. Cherry flavor is sick.

Cherrys are the Devil. Strawberries are the Devil. I can't have cheese anymore and I am still trying to get used to avacados. Please Lord don't start putting strawberries on hamburgers.

3 comments:

Wil said...

"Cherry flavor is sick.."

OMG - I don't know why but that cracked me up and I can't quit laughing. This post is HILARIOUS!

Flatman said...

Mmmmm...avacados.

soccerdad said...

you had a bad experience with a strawberry sometime, didn't you?