Thursday, May 5, 2005

My New Clock

Okay,

This has taken me way to long to figure out these html changes . The big one as you can see is a countdown to Ironman Florida that based on my reviewing of past races dates will be on November 4, 2006. Yes that is how many days are remaining.

I also went deep into html code and fiddled with the numbers that represented colors for my links, visited links and post titles, oh yeah the main title. It was actually pretty simple but time consuming. First I saved all of it to a word file, then located the place I wanted to change color and then worked with the code there. Its numerical, if the code is: #c80 or #996 for example, I just changed it by ten or twenty points up and down to see which way I wanted it to go and then worked it that way, each time I changed something I hit Preview and then went back to work on the color in the template.

If you want the countdown timer html for yourself, go to this site and scroll down. It has a black background as I previewed it, but disappeared after I saved the template changes and refreshed the site. It took me quite a while to get it set on the page in the right spot. By checking my source page you should be able to see it based on the heading and then figure how to relate it to your site.

Instead of listing a gob of sites I found with interesting first person accounts of IMFL while researching the date for next year, I would simply instruct you to Google Ironman Florida 2001 (or whatever year you want). Iin a matter of seconds I was able to get a list of dozens of personal notes.

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

LOL! That's fantastic! Well done!

Wil said...

Hey, this rocks!! I love the brighter colors on your site, too. VERY NICE COM!!!!!!

Pat said...

Great job on the site, Commodore Sir (!) The countdown timer is a VERY good idea.

(As for your sidebar, well...the post(april 29th) should be sent to your archive soon, so it will all take place like it was before.)

Have a nice day Sir !