Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Please Lord, Bring August To Me

Most people don't like to discuss their age. They confuse, distract or deaf ear any notion of their age. Sometimes they flat out lie about their age and drop it down a few years. Well runners are different. I need to turn 35 years old.

Do you know how difficult it is to compete in the men's 30-34 year old age group which is the most competitve age group in running? Let me give you a hint, I turn 35 on August 1st.

I found the results for the Cheetah 5k I ran on Sunday. You can read my race post here.

Overall I came in 58/248.
In my age group I came in 4/8.
BUT-If I was 35 years old and in the next higher age group I would have been 3/12. TOP 3.

This has been happening a lot this year. I do respectable in my class but in the next higher I get respect.

Whats that noise Charle Brown makes when he's mad...oh yeah-AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH.

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

LOL! I'm not going to be competitive in my age group until I'm collecting social security! And we all know that's a long shot, too!

trimama said...

Amen!! A 37 year old against a 31 year old bites-I need to find more races that divide the decades:)

Eric said...

This is good news. I turn 35 in August as well. :-)