Thursday, May 12, 2005

Feeling a bit better about myself

Now for those of you who are pounding out big mileage right now this may seem a bit inconsequential but I am taking some pride in myself this morning for getting in a decent 60 minute run last night.

The day started well but soon enough as you all know, things start to get pushed back. I pushed back my run at noon till after my afternoon meeting and then till later than that. I almost considered bagging the day but after reading some great blogs in the Alliance I felt a great sense of obligation to get it in. So I did.

At first I felt a little sluggish, then things looked up, then the hills, then I realized on my route that I was in the home stretch with only 46 minutes on the Timex so I hooked a left and ran to the light up the hill, why the hills?, and back down to the back door of my office.

That and a righteous 60 minute core and flexibility drill set with chiro adjustment and that puts together a nice day.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.


2 comments:

White Salamander said...

Hey, I would kill to get in a 60 min run. Maybe I will sluff off all of the freelance webdesign stuff tonight and lace up the shoes. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wil said...

Nice work!! It's always harder for me to run at night, so mucho kudos to you!