Thursday, May 12, 2005

Active Recovery

I woke up just before my alarm and knew my body was not going to function today. No, not sick, just over trained. I probably should have scheduled only seven hours this week instead of nine. I skipped the 30 minute run, but could not go back to sleep. When I did finally get up I knew I made the right decision as my back was tight and my hips really sore from the rehab I have been going through. I have bruising in front of my illiac crest from the stretching that Dr. B is doing to my illio-psoas and hip flexors.

All morning long I just felt really sluggish and out of sorts. I feel much better now, later in the day, I made the right decision. I have a 5k this weekend and want to have it all if I want it. The run was all I had planned today. I am going to add something to my schedule tomorrow but already have my swim and rehab.

On Sunday after the 5k I am going to attempt to hook up my pool appartus so that I can simulate lap swimming in my backyard tool. I am not sure if it will work but will post a picture and description next week if it goes well, which like I stated earlier in a post is why Sunday is my last day of my training week- to pad my numbers.


3 comments:

Wil said...

Way to be objective with yourself - I have such a hard time with that and usually mess things up! Interested to see how the pool situation works out - how convenient would THAT be!?

Flatman said...

Yeah, what kind of thing do you use to swim laps in a backyard pool? I would be very interested!

Kona Shelley said...

I did this with my pool last year. I had my pool running belt around my waste and then attached to that were bungie cords attached to a nearby fence. It worked perfectly and was a great workout..well until my kids got smart and in the middle of a workout would walk by and un-hook the cord on the fence and I would go flying to the otherside of the pool...LOL