Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Conference Day 1 done

Well it went better than I thought it would. The highlight of the day came right in the begining when the CFO and my partner showed us how much money we will be making in the next two years. Its been seven long years since I felt like I have made any money. I am not broke, so no pity, but I am making way less than my worth. (We all feel that way don't we?) But in my case as a self employeed business owner I get to pay taxes on money I don't even get to touch because it goes back into the company. So for example, if you take home $50,000 but you actually made $150,000 and the difference was put back into the company to cover costs, you still pay the IRS on the bigger number. So it will be nice to finally get a profit check early next year.

Tomorrow is a non-training day as I can't run, can't bike and the day won't be over until midnight so I can't really get up at 0330 for a swim. But I am skipping out of our go kart racing event early so I can go get a rehab session with Simon before I climb Camelback Friday.

Oh I know I am an idiot. But I am kinda tied into this and it would be bad juju to bug out. I have an appointment set with Simon for just after that as well since he has the rest of the weekend off for Memorial Day.


1 comment:

Wil said...

GUH! Be careful - it's going to be REALLY bad juju if you mess yourself up even more...