Monday, May 23, 2005

Leg Update

Well I went to Simon, the best non-medical doctor ever, and he did his magic on me for the better part of an hour. He pretty much said it all, "You're about a 8.0 on my Jacked Up Scale. A 10 being non-functional in bed." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

After a torture session with him, vibrating, stretching, sucking, rolling, adjusting and contorting me, I now feel marginally better. I actually have a couple of impinged nerves, one affecting my right foot and the other affecting my right thigh, which has slowly siezed up throughout the day on the outer quadricep and the hamstring. I'm walking around like I have a massive charlie horse.

I really wish Simon had a website to promote the stuff he does because it is flat out miracle work, IMHO.

I need to get to him at least two more times this week but this conference prep is killing my time. Training right now is secondary to full recovery Friday morning, so I can do a hike up Camelback Mountain as part of the conference team building. Guh.


5 comments:

White Salamander said...

Man sounds like it going to take a miracle to get you up Camelback so early. Which trail are you taking? Echo or Cholla? Best of luck with that. If Simon needs a website feel free to pass my contanct info on to him and I will give him the Trigeek special price.

Kona Shelley said...

Be careful..hope you are feeling better...and hellooooo 104f in Mesa??? WOW, please, please send us some heat.. :-))

tarheeltri said...

The more I read about your injury, the more I cringe. Good thing you've got that doc there. By the way, also cringing at the temps there... not to rub it in, but it's perfect here in Carolina. Hi of 74, low of 52. It was 64 this morning at 5:30!

Wil said...

Holy cow - you'd better take it easy with Camelback. Are you sure you shoudl even really do it?

Comm's said...

Hey Rett, Its Echo, the one that goes straight up and has assistment bars to get up the vertical stuff.

I was telling Simon today that I would get him names for website stuff and had you in mind. Will call you offline.