Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Ah that familiar feeling

Got up at 0330 to hit my gym and get in 500 meters. Now that may sound like low yards to most of you but understand that I am a very novice swimmer and have had pneumonia for the last month, last swimming on April 14th, a miserable 300 meters. So here is how it played out:
4x25 easy
4x25 @15 sec
4X50 @ 20 sec
4x25 (free, breast, kick, free)

I even used my new speedo and guess what? My butt don't sink! Mistress has been harping on me to get horizonal as I was creating a lot of drag. I don't know if was the new trunks, or the internalizing of the process while taking time off by reading the Tri Bible and websites, but whatever it was, it worked.

It certainly freaked out the night guy(me showing up at 0400, not the fact that my butt didn't sink), who last time we met I was acting like a non-member trying to get into the club.

Thank for your comments on putting up a progress board outside my office and think I will do that later this week and will post a picture for all to see online.

4 comments:

Flatman said...

Way to go on the early morning workout! I am free of some major obligations on next monday and I am going to put together some major workout plans for all to see (including lots of early mornings). I am actually pretty excited! Can't wait to see the pics of your progress chart!

soccerdad said...

0330? who do you think you are? wil?

Wil said...

LOL!! YEAH! Someone else up at stupid o'clock in the morning!!!

WTG Com!

White Salamander said...

Great job on the swim. The salamander is beaming with pride!