Thursday, June 23, 2005

What do you really want from me?

Okay, okay, I know that I should have gone for my 15 minute brick run after my 30 minute mountain bike ride but we are talking visuals and shiny new toys here. Let me explain...

I decided to go out on the mountain bike today, only 107*, I think its getting colder! Anyway I hooked up the HRM and packed away my little spy camera and took off, again to the utter stupification of my co-workers. To compound their ideas of my lunacy, a co-worker burned his knee while kneeling on the ground to change his flat, while a bunch of us were watching him change the tire. Why was I not helping, you ask? Hey, its hot out there I'm not gonna change a tire in that heat! That Ain't Right!

OptimizeThis is from the highpoint of the route. The lump in the background is 'A' Mountain, my redemption run and the sliver of water you see below it is Tempe Town Lake and the route of the Arizona Ironman. I would love to tell you that I bomb down these hills, but in all honesty folks, I 've had too many head injuries to take a chance at a serious dump. These trails are chock full of loose gravel and fist size stones that love to create unstable riding enviroments. Give me a road bike and asphalt and then we might be talking about something else.




I tried to figure out how to upload the exercise graph but its a No Go. Now no more time, my In(sane)-Laws are back in town and I am late for dinner plus a big storm is rolling into the Valley and it gets crazy on the roads. If any of you know how to convert the graph and could email me, I would greatly appreciate it.







2 comments:

Wil said...

"in(sane)-laws" needs to go on a t-shirt. That's just hilarious. HOly crap, I'm done whining about tomorrow's humidity, too. 107*??? OMG.

Nancy Toby said...

Export a graph from Excel? Or from what? In Excel I think there's a utility to export them to graphics files. Try "help". :) Wasn't that helpful!?

In(sane)-laws is a good one. :)