Sunday, June 12, 2005

Mountain Bike Ride

On Friday, I know I should have posted this over the weekend, I took the mountain bike out for a little spin. I keep it a work for just the sort of "Get the hell outta Dodge" workout I needed at that day.

Out the back of my office is a really great mountain bike area. In fact I was able to follow the course of a mountain bike tri that was coming up. Talk about a hard course. While most of it was not very technical there was one sick joke of a uphill hairpin that I just can't imagine a lot of people negotiating without getting off and walking through it. There was no one around and I walked through it.

There is a really nice hill that I took and then changed gears and suspension settings to see what worked best, hard or soft. I think softer won out, as the times I did it harder the back end kept coming up because I was leaning to far over the front bars.

I was only out for 45 minutes but man was my cardio kicked. I was probably anaerobic for a good deal of it which is not what I wanted but what I got.

I will probably get into that course a few more times this week as I am doing the sponsor companies third mountain bike triathlon of the season as my next tri race which is the last week of July.

1 comment:

Wil said...

This sounds awesome! You ought to check out Ride to Life, lots of cool mountain biking info there and it's very inspirational. Will get you pumped for that mountain bike tri at the end of July.