Monday, June 27, 2005

The Mighty Mo and Topper


This weekend we get to bring this little guy home with us to stay. 'Topper' is a AKC purebred Labrador. His coat is what you call 'Red Fox'. He's a Red Lab, you don't see these much. He is seven weeks old. I took this over the weekend when we introduced the Mighty Mo to him at the breeders home. They took to each other very well.

The breeders don't have a name for him yet and Mistress is terribly uncreative with names so it fell upon me. I tossed the name Topper out to her in a not so slight dig to the fact that I am still terribly missing my dog Buck. Topper is an extension of T.O.P. which stands for The Other Puppy, which was how I always thought of Buck, my puppy. She actually loved it and thought it was a sweet gesture. Not exactly what I was looking for, I was being mean to be honest and that's not fair to her. I apologized and explained the meaning of the name and that I was being childish, but she really enjoyed it and started to teach Mighty Mo the name right away.

He is cute though isn't he, they both have their hands/paws crossed...

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Wow, that is a pretty cute pup...gonna be hard to resist the charm of that pair (Mo and Topper)...

Good Luck

Kona Shelley said...

Awwwwwwww now that has to be the pic of the day...sooo darned cute!!

Bolder said...

That's a great pair. You're very fortunate.

I admire you and your wife for being able to pair the Mighty Mo up again.

I'm sure Mighty Mo will thank you as he grows up with his new best friend.

tri-mama said...

Man's best friend or Man's offspring? The debate doesn't last long but the loss is for ever. Sorry you had to go through that, especially as it wasn't in Buck's character. Since He works out all things for our good I have great faith that Topper and Mighty Mo and family have good things in store. I think I'll go read "Old Yellar" now.

mipper said...

what a darling picture! and what a heartbreaking story of Buck. i guess i can sort of see why my husband says no dogs now. i guess i'll ease up on him a bit. what cute kid you've got!

Wil said...

TOO CUTE! That needs to go on a greeting card or something.