Monday, June 27, 2005

Two Common Posting Problems

First, I would like to thank all of you who leave comments on my posts. Its a compliment to me that you take the time to read my thoughts and I guess I do a good job of keeping you entertained.
For some reason however, I am not able to respond to some of you. Instead of your e-mail address I get a [noreply-comment@blogger.com] with the bloggers sending name. I don't know if this is intentional or not. Usually I would just like to respond to a special comment with some additional information on the subject or I am getting questions in the comment area that I would like to answer in a less public method. I checked my settings on CMS and found no area or box in the Settings that addressed being able to receive replys to comments. If any one has any information on this phenomenon let me know.

Second, I e-mailed Polar Customer Service on how to transfer their graphs from their .ppd software into something else, hopefully to be able to post stuff online with minimal fuss. So if anyone would like this info or see if it would work for their other brand software, let me know and I will e-mail it to you, that is if you have a 'reply-able' e-mail address. I am leaving for the day so it will be tomorrow.

BTW, I was thinking of switching my e-mail for this site over to yahoo. Anyone know if this is a HTTP account or a POP3 and how to do that on Outlook. The program asks for a URL sever or in another setting the POP3 setting. I can't seem to find anything on Yahoo to help me.

2 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Hotmail is the only HTTP email that Outlook will allow. However, unless you have been using it in the past then you will have to pay for the service. It is part of some new package they have offer, hence taking away a free service.

Chris said...

I think Gmail lets you do both web based email and POP3 mail from Outlook. If you need a Gmail invite, just let me know.