Friday, June 3, 2005

A Much Needed Break

I will be offline until Sunday unless I get a cheap internet connection at the resort I am staying at. Yes that's right folks, the family and I are going to the Fairmount Scottsdale Princess Resort for a three day vacation. We are meeting three other families that I work with and their kids.

It is ranked as a Five Star Resort, one of the finest in the world. I have already scheduled my hour sports massage at the Willow Stream Spa there, voted by Conde' Nast Traveller as one of the best spas in America. I will also be sticking around for the amenities like the dry sauna, steam room, jaccuzi and cold plunge. Plus whatever else they provide. I bet they have good apples. All the good spas I go to have good fruit to eat, like apples.

Not to be deterred I am planning a 60-90 minute run Saturday morning and then I will swim during the day. Ahhhh, not really laps per se but I promise I will be around water. I have a feeling that I will be snockered from all day in the sun, a long run and long spa session so Sunday is for relaxing. My only day off the whole week from training.

So good luck Wil on your marathon, I expect to hit your site on Sunday for the play by play. Good luck the rest of you and have fun with your endeavors, if I forgot anyone's race this weekend I apologize. In a tribute to Nancy's comment on Wil's site and also to repay Tri-Geek Kahuna I will be writing everyone's names down and having an adult beverage for them...you know to get me through the rough parts.

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Ha ha, I think I will do the same in Cozumel...hell, everyone will probably get three drinks...! Have fun and get some rest. I plan on whipping us into some serious shape when I get back!!!

soccerdad said...

man, i'm jealous of you guys! have a great time. forget about life for a while and kick back.

Nancy Toby said...

You and Flatman are killing me!!!! Have a wonderful, relaxing time!

Kona Shelley said...

Hope you have a great time...sounds wonderful!

IMmike said...

Have a great weekend!

Wil said...

Thanks, Com! Relax away, and thanks for the encouragement :)