Thursday, June 30, 2005

Change to Race Schedule

Little hiccup on what was to be my next triathlon, number two for the year. On July 16th, the first day of my vacation, I was setting myself up for the Fat Tire Triathlon, #3 of the Fat Tire series (750m/16k/5k). This is actually a very cool idea. There are five tri's in the mountain bike triathlon series, each race is a different style and length. When I put this on my list earlier this year the style and race was TBD. Then it was set as a 'Formula One' race of 250m swim/10k mt bike/3k run. (Never heard of a F1 distance before).

I was signing myself up today and in big bold letters it states a longer course set up and Relay ONLY. Well I could still do it but my heart is not in a triathlon that is that short and a I don't do all the events. So I am bailing on it. I'll either meet up with my running group or spend time with the Mighty Mo before I leave the following day for my fishing trip, which I will discuss sometime soon.

1 comment:

Wil said...

Hey - sounds like spending some quality time with Mo sounds like a lot more fun! Good call.