Thursday, June 9, 2005

A funny thing happened on the way to work today...

So Simon, the best rehab doctor ever, called to switch my Friday appointment to this morning because his pregnant wife is going in for gall bladder surgery on Friday. I know, she's nervous but the doctors are friends and top in their fields so she is confident.

It was good to see Simon anyway since I got a cramp in each calf at swim practice last night and needed some help. But it caused me to not get to the office until 1030. Then Mistress calls with the Mighty Mo update and that she has to take the car into the dealership because it 'freaked' out on her. I told her I would take it in for her and drove to get it then to the dealership.

The funny thing is, I got there right as they were going to lunch and they estimated one hour to diagnose the problem so I had two hours to kill. So I walked across the street and caught the noon showing of Cinderella Man.

What an awesome movie. I love movies but did not actually know how this final fight ended and it really makes a big difference. I seriously suggest not learning about James J. Braddock until you see his story unfold on screen.

But...I left all my gear in my rig and I am way behind in closing out my files from May so the bike ride today is called on account of priority. Which is Mistress, SUV problem, work, me.

So the rest of you have a great training night and I will see what I can do in work clothes in a gym.

1 comment:

Wil said...

I've heard really good stuff about that movie, you just clinched it, I'll have to see it now.