Wednesday, June 22, 2005

An Unfortunate Change In Plans

I posted last week that this weekend I had a training hall pass since Mistress and Mighty Mo were going to her brothers wedding. Well the wedding got called off and now I don't have my long training weekend all to myself. Where is the fairness in that?

Not to get into the sorid details, because quite frankly I am not surprised at this swerve off course, I never met the girl and never thought I would, but I want my training time. Can a 34 year old man throw a temper tantrum?

Of course Mistress is none too happy with said change in plans, but she's taking it in stride. So we are trying to carve out some training time for me Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. As per the Training Contract we ironed out, I think the judges will allow me the continuance of my three day regime, though slightly modified.

I was going to go out and pound the pavement today but its already 90 degrees outside, it hit 114 degrees yesterday. So I am going to rest up and save my energy for swim practice tonight. It seems every day I go to swim practice, I make it the second part of a two-a-day workout and I go into it already tired. In a really cruel twist of fate, its been a week since I last swam. How do I train so much and not get that in?

So the rest of the week looks like this and lets see if I can keep to it.
Wednesday: Swim 60 minutes
Thursday: Run 45 minutes in a.m. / swim team 60 minutes p.m.
Friday: Mountain Bike 45-60 minutes mid-day (forecast 110*)
Saturday: Running Club 50-90 minutes (6 or 10 miles depending on which group I choose)
Sunday: 1m run/30m ride/5k run with Tribe Multisport.

Total minutes including Mondays 40 minute run: 444 minutes or about 7.5 hours. Not enough got my taste.

3 comments:

Flatman said...

Wow, you gotta hate cancelling a WEDDING at the last minute! Yikes... Oh well, now you are back in the time-crunch boat with the rest of us. You wouldn't want to leave us all in the "training"-dust, would ya?

Wil said...

OK, picturing you throw a temper tantrum is just plain hilarious.

Bummer on the training time going down the drain, but at least you'll have more family time!

Nancy Toby said...

Ooh, we want to hear all the gory details of the wedding cancellation!! It sounds like it's worthy of a soap opera!! Give us the scoop!!! And no "Hidalgo"-type dust storms, okay??