Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Death Of The American Man

I grabbed this off of Drudge Report on June 8th. Do I really need to harp more on the French? We already know they are a worthless dynasty of pathetic whiners who are only a country today because of social politics.

Its a shame that Paris, therefore the Frogs, have such a sway on high end fashion. But why do we have to listen to them blather about how they know what we want to wear! Have you ever bought something that was shown on a Parisian runway? Hell no! Nordstroms is your level of couture. If your like me you buy at least a few things every year at Old Navy, Walmart or Target and browse Sports Authority for that perfect dri fit workout shirt that might pass for a work shirt if your boss doesn't look to close. I said it before and I will say it again. I will not willingly step foot in France until they finish the Eiffel Tower. They left the darn thing erected without putting the sheet rock up. Enough! Read and be offended. I am going to go beat my chest and grunt loudly while I get into my Ford pick up .

Macho man is an endangered species, with today's male more likely to opt for a pink flowered shirt and swingers' clubs than the traditional role as family super-hero, fashion industry insiders say.

A study along these lines led by French marketing and style consultants Nelly Rodi was unveiled to Fashion Group International during a seminar Tuesday on future strategy for the fashion industry in Europe.

"The masculine ideal is being completely modified. All the traditional male values of authority, infallibility, virility and strength are being completely overturned," said Pierre Francois Le Louet, the agency's managing director.

Instead today's males are turning more towards "creativity, sensitivity and multiplicity," as seen already in recent seasons on the catwalks of Paris and Milan.

6 comments:

Bolder said...

oh mon dieu!

Wil said...

Heh, Bolder ;)

Hey Com, how did you get that insert indented like that?

soccerdad said...

you mean the french think this dork looks masculine? i guess that's why they're.... well, french.

tri-mama said...

aaaggghhh!!! This is why I don't mind living in the dreaded red midwest flannel/jeans etc-I see no benefits to to the Peter Pan oompa loompa hybrid.

Pat said...

Looking at that :
well... male?
female?
both?
It makes my eyes bleeds.

France is SO overrated.
French from France ARE overrated.
Have a couple of 'em here at work and damn I hate 'em.

Remember Juno Beach?
All of my grand-father's brother were killed there while this pathetic gutless country did not even fight.

Hey Frenchies, we saved your a$$ while you were drinking crappy-red-wine with the Naz. Sacre bleu en tabarnak !

Dawn - Pink Chick said...

Heck the runway stuff for women is usually out to lunch as well. I have never seen anyone out and about dress that way.