Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Whats your 2005 yearbook say about you?


No matter kind of label you had in high school, the notes in the annual all looked the same.
“Have a great summer, see ya at the beach.”
"Your Cool, Not a Fool, get laid this summer will ya."
“Were going to Motley Crue, Rock On!”
“It was so awesome getting to know you in Science class, see you at the mall this summer.”
“Next year were SENIORS!”
With everyone closing down their triathlon season I think about what others would write in my triathlon yearbook.
“Hey it was great knowing ya, learn how to open water swim ya
dork!”
“Great Job on your cycling this year, see you at the
races.”
“Ironman Florida next year baby!

In looking at some of my old annuals I see who I was one year, then hear the story's of who I became over the summer and how that projected in my next year of school. For example, I went from ending one year of being a thug to over the summer becoming a skateboarder and then the next year of school I was part of the Cowabunga crowd.

So as our individual graduation ceremonies commence on our past year of tri's I wonder who was I last season, what will I become in the off season and how will that project for next season.

Just like in high school most of us are committed to graduating on time next year, or in our case, finishing an Ironman. We put in all the hard work and sacrifice to go out with a bang. If the senior year is the year that someone truly reaches the zenith of their adolescence, how will you want to be remembered in your annual.

“We did it, all A's in Swimming, Biking and Running. Thanks for helping me
with Nutrition, I couldn't have made out there without you. See you
soon.”
“Man you crushed Florida, see you at the beach.”

Yeah that last one is the one I want to see.

4 comments:

Oldman said...

dude! summer ain't over still have several tri's in fl and the half mary in jan....

Nancy Toby said...

Heh, great post. It got me thinking.

We didn't have skateboarders at my high school, though....

Flatman said...

Oh man, I was quit the skater dude, in my day! I would probably break a hip if I tried some of the stuff I used to be a be able to do!

Nice post, see ya at the beach!

Papa Tweet said...

No skating for me, meathead jock all the way. I'm pretty embarrased when I think about it now. Nice idea for a post, got me thinking. My class reunion is in November, "go Titans of Arcadia, give it all for the red and blue, fight, fight, fight"! Pretty sad I still remember that.

How is the fine tuning coming for the Soma Half. You sound recovered from the food poisoning issue. I'll be sure to say hello when you blow by me on the run or the bike. Whichever comes first. Keep training tri buddy!