Sunday, October 9, 2005

A Blessed Day

Its always good to start the day off with $10 of pre-paid gas in the machine. All I had to do was pick my octane and filler up. I don't know how, I don't know why. I was there long enough to be challenged and yes I feel good about myself. A little 'Favor' from the Man upstairs.

We did the Pecos Ride today (48 miles) which is three loops of varying size and hills of varying grade and length. I did great. On the rollers or straights I was averaging 19-26 miles per hour and on the hills I was between 13-18 mph. There is one spot on the route that I use as a landmark, I ride over it at my best speed. Not top speed, not sprint speed, but the purposefull speed I am riding at. My speed per loop was 27-28-29-28 miles per hour.

When The Good Doctor and I finished, we were the only two riding, except for a new person The Good Doctor brought, but he was trailing a good distance, we ran a solid 5k. I overheated a bit in my jersey and coming back I shucked it off. Man do I need to do more bricks like that.

So I believe I had a little 'Favor' in my training today too. It was a strong ride for me.


4 comments:

tri-mama said...

Not to infringe, but I hope you are mapping out some great training plans for January-I keep reading these posts and saying, oh, I've got to try that. I watched IMAZ this afternoon and I cant' wait to see the desert!

Flatman said...

Awesome workout, man! Keep at it.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah! You've got a run on breakthrough workouts. Great job!

Oldman said...

dude, what a great workout!