Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Good News

Well I have a new iPod mini. Yeah! There is an Apple store in Phoenix and stopped by to have someone look at my unit. After a twenty minute wait for my name to come up in the queue I was treated very nicely and ten minutes later I was walking out with my new mini. I am actually really glad about that since I prefer the 6gb of the mini over the 4gb of the nano.

I was having a morale dilemma about having to tell them about it falling out of my pocket at 20 mph on my bike, which I am pretty sure invalidates my warranty. But when she asked me what was wrong I told her, "I turn it on and the screen freezes up, then gives me a support message." Apples warranty policy is so strong, she just turned around grabbed a box, changed the serial number in my online registration file and out I went. Maybe too much information for this blog but I am glad its over.

Today I am planning on getting in my 15 miles. I still don't feel very good, these 'ghost' cold symptoms are still plaguing me. I will just head out and see how far I can get. I don't want to lose a week of training.

9 comments:

Flatman said...

That's cool! I am glad they took care of you...

Careful on your run...just take it easy.

Jeremy said...

It makes me happy to read about good customer support. I had an 20gb iPod stolen in the Atlanta airport last christmas. (Well I'm pretty sure it was stolen.) My plane ride out to Oregon was awful without any music to listen to.

Once we got there the Apple people at the Portland store were super nice. After hearing my sob story they replaced my iPod on the spot.

Nancy Toby said...

I guess this is like when I stepped on my laptop and then returned it for a broken screen. :-) Good thing they never asked how it broke.

Cliff said...

I have been suffering this mild form of Ghost symptom.

I also had a nose bleed today. Very rare for me to have nose bleed. I figure I need more fruits and veges. Haven't been eating a lot of those ever since I broke my tooth.

The Big Cheese said...

Did you know that Wal-Mart will take back used diapers?

William said...

Hey, that was easy. I've never been to an apple store. I don't know if we have any here.

mipper said...

great! glad you got it squared away. my dad used to manage an apple store. ahhh, the memories of growing up around macs. they always stess customer service.

i hope you can shake the symptoms. up your vitamin C, increase fluids and take a couple of motrin (sometimes that helps me for some reason). take it nice and easy today... better to train just a little than to not train at all for a week after overdoing it.

mipper said...

great! glad you got it squared away. my dad used to manage an apple store. ahhh, the memories of growing up around macs. they always stess customer service.

i hope you can shake the symptoms. up your vitamin C, increase fluids and take a couple of motrin (sometimes that helps me for some reason). take it nice and easy today... better to train just a little than to not train at all for a week after overdoing it.

Papa Tweet said...

Hey Com,
I wouldn't worry about losing fitness. It takes atleast 7 days to start to lose fitness. You may be better off resting. Just a thought.