Sunday, October 23, 2005

Weekend Update

Yesterdays full lake swim of 1.1 miles is yet another vindication of overcoming my limiter. I even cut some time off.

My right hip, more specifically my Quadratus Lumborum has been locked up for a few days. It has hampered my running a bit but more so the recovery. I went to my favorite rehab doctor, Simon, and much to his dissatisfaction he could not adjust that area or bring me relief. So I have another appointment next week.

I only mention that because this morning I am riding alone and not sure how 60 miles is going to treat my hip and allow me to run afterwards.

One benefit of training solo today is I am taking my micro-camera out and will snap pictures along the route for everyone to see next week. I already snapped several driving in and out of the canyon yesterday since I had some extra time. I figure I should have five or eight good pictures to filter into posts this month.

4 comments:

Kona Shelley said...

I've never heard of that muscle before...take care!!!

Wil said...

Cool - can't wait to see the pics! And congrats on the awesome swim!

IMmike said...

Your swimming is awesome commodore. Keep it up.

mipper said...

great job with the swim. hope your hip starts improving.