Monday, October 17, 2005

Race Reports

Triathlon bloggers are a very rare species I have found. The deeper I become immersed in the tri culture and come into contact with triathletes the more I find that they don't have nearly the resourses I do at my disposal for training tips and information.

Triathlons are not like football or baseball with ten minute blocks of highligts and scores on every newscast. Much like the settlers of this great country in the 18th and 19th century it can take weeks or months for important triathlon information to reach the masses, or just someone who cares about it. Which is why our little Alliance is so important.

We are the Paul Revere's of the triathlon information superhighway. Often enough I am asked by triathletes or just interested people, "Where do read race reports online? Where do you find them?"

Lucky enough we, the Alliance, is big enough that we have our own eyewitnesses and participants to triathlon races and history. Its not too hard for us to find reports on how someone did or is doing.

I came across this website that I send out to people who ask me those two questions and hope you enjoy it too.



With that being said, I came across a good race report website

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Thanks.

I agree. There is so much to learn in triathlon. I believe the biggest part is the fact that it is not your skills but also your nutrition, your lifestyle (due ot the large amoutn of training time involve).

I know since i start training, I have learnt a lot about nutrition. Now I know that I need to know a lot more. I don't wnat to get too big head into me knowing everything. I need to unlearn and remain humble.

THanks for the site.

IMmike said...

Thanks for the link. I just sent it to my sister, who is on the fence about whether to join the gang going to IMFlorida.

tri-mama said...

catch up:

awesome swim!!! I knew you could do it. You are just going to love this more and more. It will become worship in no time.

I like our blogger alliance too, what a great resource for advice, encouragement etc.