Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I am not feeling very well the last couple of days. Do you remember that first day you feel like your coming down with something, you wake up and your mouth 'feels' different, your heads a little woozy? Sunday and Monday I felt like the day before that morning. Like Ghost symptoms. Oh well. I am run down enough to realize that between that and my hip there is no way I can force myself through 15 miles today and not pay for it the rest of the week. Its not a retreat in training, its more of a movement in another direction.

On the iPod front I struck out at four places. I am looking for the 4gb nano in white and they are all sold out. Well I walked into a Circuit City and they had one left but exactly four seconds before I asked the guy if he had one, I watched another guy walk up and ask him and he bought it. Bastard. I wanted to pound the guy since he probably had not spent as much time as me looking for one that day but then I thought I would be portraryed as Sinbad in Jingle All The Way and this fat, balding Asian man would be Arnold. I will not be a Sinbad. If I am anyone in that movie its Phil Hartman, God rest his good soul. You guys know what I am saying.

So today is a trip to the Apple store in town to pick one up. You would think that official store would have them in stock. I did almost consider getting the 30gb video iPod but after some debate I really don't need it. I want something portable not something I can watch twenty movies on a 2.5 inch screen. Every store I went to today all told me the same thing, that they can't keep the nano on the shelves. They sell out every time. Which is fine, I loved my 6gb mini, in fact I am a bit dissappointed I can't replace it. I would certainly give up a color screen for 2gb more room.

I am still going to register my mini over the phone and see if they will replace it. I really did think I registered it when I purchased it but who knows. In any regard, since they no longer make them, IF I am lucky enough to get it fixed under warranty they would just send me a new one. So IF I get it replaced, I may get a refurbished mini, which would be great or I would get a new compatable nano, which would be a 4gb.

I have considered buying the 30 gb video iPod for The Colonel and seeing if he would give me his 6gb mini in exchange. Its only $50 more than the 4gb nano and that would cover my cost in new accessorys for the smaller nano. I may ask him that when I go over there today. Hmmm? He would probably say yes because its more memory. I'll keep you posted.

Mistress was not happy with her pumpkin bread, so getting the recipe may take some massaging. I love it. Of course it has 3x the sugar that I am used to getting so maybe that has something to do with it. Much like Rachsel Ray she doesn't really measure out as much as go by feel, which is probably why she is such an amazing person in the kitchen.


4 comments:

William said...

Wow, I thought the Nano's would be popular but after the Video Ipod, I would have thought most people would go for that, except people on the go.

I just don't know if the Nano is the best bang for the buck. Some of the iRivers have FM and recording capabilities so I might get one of those.

Good luck finding one.

Flatman said...

But it's so damn small...that's what I like. Have you picked one up yet...? It's like a credit card!!! I still want one (the 4gb, please, in black)...

mipper said...

i hope you feel better and find luck in getting the nano.

Keryn said...

I bet the Mistress is also good in the kitchen because she doesn't cut her fingers off, give herself food poisoning, or burn things down...that has to play into it. :)

Good luck with the tunes...I have come to depend on mine. And I know what you mean about the iPods. I didn't even consider buying anything else. And I DON'T like Microsoft. ;)