Thursday, October 20, 2005

Never Before

Such an onimious heading for weird deal but I officially rescheduled my first workout ever for a...get this...a haircut. I paid $25 for a real beautician to tame my growing locks. I have never paid that much money for two haircuts in one month let alone a single cut.

Backstory: I have had a Army High & Tight for twenty years. As part of my Training Contract with Mistress, she asked me to grow my hair out for her. If your new to the blog link HERE to read my installments on my Ironman Training Contract.

Its been bothering me since I am not used to anything longer than an inch and now it was in my eyes and ears. I was threatening to call it off and cut it off. Mistress hooked me into her person who only had one appointment all week, right in the middle of my swim workout.

The sacrifices I make for the training. So today I plan on making up for lost time by going out to meet some of the gang for a lake swim. Not as much distance but another full workout in open water is great training and a mental boost.

8 comments:

IMmike said...

Have a nice swim today. Its too bad the haircut conflicted with your workout.

Flatman said...

This post is worthless without pictures...

Use that bling little camera of yours to show us a before and after! ;)

mipper said...

that's hysterical.

bunnygirl said...

Pictures! We need pictures!

Papa Tweet said...

Dude,
You missed a workout for a haircut, that is some funny crap. In high school I had a friend that missed football practice for a hair appointment. He said the same thing you did, she didn't have any other openings. We called him Hair Appointment Hyde from then on. That is a funny story. 25 bucks for a haircut! That could have bought a lot of beer. Keep up the training goldie locks.

Mica said...

That is sweet that you are growing your hair out for your wife. Big points for you! My husband did the same thing and I love it.

Nytro said...

benny has never spent more than $7 a pop for a haircut. except that one time when we bought a razor set at Costco so that I could cut his hair at home. We would supposedly break even after just six haircuts. Yea... I've cut his hair once and I'm pretty sure that he's never going to ask me to do it again... as if ANYONE can cut hair. Please.

Comm's said...

Well, what can I say. It was part of our Training agreement. It was interesting some of the Kung Fu she used to shape the cowlicks in my hair. Well my whole head is one giant cowlick.