Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Pool

This is Canyon Lake, my new training pool. The photo is taken just above the outcropping of rock we use as a staging area. Its 70 yards to the tip of land sticking out into the water. For the first two weeks I swam from staging area to tip and the water just right of it. Just beyond the point is the right inlet buoy and far left the infamous left buoy which is about 100 yards from the tip of land. The right buoy is where I almost drown last month after swimming out to the far buoy.

This is tight shot of the back buoy, which I call the 'Rock' buoy since its a warning for a submerged rock. Yes I am quite clever. You can just make it out on the edge of the shadow in the middle of the picture. In between the two buoys is a bridge that we swim under. The rock buoy is further away from the bridge than the inlet buoy and when you swim into the canyon its a dog leg right. The picture is actually taken on the bridge way off the swim course so I could sight the actually buoy.


15 comments:

Phil said...

That water looks nice! We have to wait at least 7 more months for open-water swim season. (Lucky you)

tri-mama said...

Just packed my wet suit. I know, it's a few months away, but that place looks just beautiful.

The Big Cheese said...

Com, where is this at?

tarheeltri said...

Forget IMFL, I just want to swim there!

Flatman said...

Um. I'm jealous and I hate you. I ran in 40 degree weather yesterday morning... No swimming around here for a while!

mipper said...

that has got to be the most gorgeous pool i have ever seen. ;)

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Wow. Nice pool! It's great to have an open water area to swim in. So much more realistic than a pool.

IMmike said...

Awesome photos.

Mica said...

I'm jealous!

Oldman said...

looks great nice pics...btw where are the waves?

Cliff said...

Nice...better than the chlorine pool fit will grandpas and grannys I go to everyday :)

Kona Shelley said...

not fair!!!!! my pool will be covered in ICE soon enough..:-((

Comm's said...

TBC, its inside Tonto National Park and the the Superstition Spring Mountains. We go past the Lost Dutchman State Park just outside Apache Junction.

Flatman- I opened my freezer for a frosted mug for my beer last night and it read 42 degrees. So your running in weather colder than my freezer. Good for you.

Oldman- the only waves would be from co-eds and their kayaks or a couple fisherman in their bass boat.

PuddyRat said...

Great looking lake and I absolutely LOVE your new watch. Hmmmmm...maybe I'll borrow that without permission from you? (Kidding.)

Meagan said...

I'm soooo jealous! It's absolutely beautifuL!