Monday, October 10, 2005

KIA Triathlons

Triathlons are not a mainstream event, which makes this seem so much more odd.

We all know that Ford took over sponsorship of Ironman events. I have been waiting for the offical 'Ironman' version a Ford SUV or pick up. Like a F-150 with a built in, locking bike clamp, waterproof seats and wet storage.

This morning I saw that KIA has a car commerical with triathletes. Its got a car guy selling a KIA vehicles to them as they get ready for the swim start. Not specifically a car made for triathletes but triathlon as the backdrop.

I like that. I wish there were more commericals, more plots on television shows, more fanfare on sports programs and news shows that used triathlons. The more the merrier.

8 comments:

Flatman said...

Still doesn't make me want a Ford or a Kia...oops, you have a Ford, don't you :)

Mainstream is cool though...gets the word out!

Papa Tweet said...

Yo Com,
I saw that add and thought they could have used the triathlon theme a little better. All I saw was a bunch of people swinging their arms around and stretching. It almost takes a triathlete to recognize it. None the less, sweet pub for the sport. Shows us where the sport is heading in the near future. Take care Com and go Mighty Mo!

Mica said...

I saw that commercial, too. Quite suprising!

Nytro said...

my husband (ironbenny) and i also saw the commercial... but we thought that they could have really done a lot more with it. it was a nice thought and nice to see something about triathlons... but they really could have taken it a lot farther than they really did.

Flabbyironman said...

It's definitely a start. The odd thing, is that you really wouldn't know who he's talking to if you weren't a tri-geek. Ang and I recognized it though, and thought it was kind of cool.

Oldman said...

i don't want a ford or a kia.... but i do like the support for our sport so just send $$$$$.

tarheeltri said...

I like that triathlons aren't maintstream yet. Let's hope Oprah doesn't run one before I do IM Florida.

Cliff said...

A car made for triathletes? U mean a bike? :)

I had a thought what if Tri is a main sport. Like baseball or soccer. Wouldn't that be great? Then I realize if it does come true, every morning u will not see cars on the road. But waves and streams of runners and bikers. Hmm...I guess I am selfish. But I do love the tranquinlity of me and the road at 6 am.