Sunday, October 16, 2005

What a Week

Is it wrong to say that I am going to enjoy a cigar and a glass of wine this afternoon? Well I am.

This mornings workout consisted of 50 miles of riding on the Soma 1/2 Ironman course which also takes heavily from the Ironman Arizona route. Then bricked that with a 10k run, oh wait I meant 6 mile run. Since the route was in a metro area this was much more of a time trial course than a long, hilly course; lots of turns, some 180 degree turns, only one hill that was crossed over 3-4 times. Consequently my mph were much higher than normal for my l0nger rides.

It really was a great week of training. 75 miles on the bike, 25 miles running and 3.4 miles swimming. The breakthrough workout this week was definitely the 1.1 mile open swim on Saturday.

I need to start moving all those number up, double the bike miles or even more, the running is on autopilot due to Rock n' Roll marathon in January but its not an 'A' race so little taper and recovery, and move the swiming up to around 4.5-5 miles a week. I think if that can be sustained for 5-6 months, especially during next summer, then I will have done all that I can to be prepared for Ironman Florida. Its in God's hands after that.


4 comments:

White Salamander said...

Wow! Is all I can say. You have come so far so fast on your swim. It wasn't so long ago you were complaining about a 500 yrd swim and now look, a mile in open water nonetheless. High five and fine cigar to you sir!

White Salamander said...

Wow! Is all I can say. You have come so far so fast on your swim. It wasn't so long ago you were complaining about a 500 yrd swim and now look, a mile in open water nonetheless. High five and fine cigar to you sir!

Cliff said...

You definitely deseve that wine..i mean the grape juice that turn bad :)

Papa Tweet said...

Yo Comm,
How was the Soma course? It looks like there is alot of slowing and starting. Not a good course for a big guy. Any major hills that I'm not thinking about? Overall, is the course fast, slow, lots of traffic, etc. Thanks Comm!