Thursday, May 18, 2006

True Shiny Things

I was going home the other night and was being egged on by my brother over the phone to let loose and play my Playstation 2. I have never mentioned this before but I have a serious videogame addiction that if I indulge, it gets out of hand. So like any stimulus addiction I only indulge it under a controlled situation. My family being gone and the house to myself is not a controlled situation.

So I told myself that if I felt the pull closer to home I would stop and go into a store until I felt confident the urge had passed. I still felt like playing Medal of Honor so I pulled into a Bed, Bath and Beyond. Did you know the Beyond is actually kitchenware?

Nothing cures one stimulus craving like another stimulus craving. So I ended up buying Mistress a new ten piece Emerilware stainless steel cooking set, and a new set of Calphalon untenils with a stainless steel crock.

All quality Shiny Things. Friends of the this blog know that I LOVE Shiny Things.

True, these Shiny Things are not for me but for Mistress and I hope that she enjoys the new stuff. The greatest gift for me though is doing something nice for her and not getting re-addicted to my Playstation.

6 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

I never would have guessed you are a videogamer

stronger said...

Nice gift. I bet you'll get some good use from the cookware as well- dinner!

jp said...

Interesting coping technique. It would have been cheaper to go for a run. No brownie points thought.

You need a Computrainer, satisy the gamer and triathlete at the same time.

Glen said...

hey me and you well have to sit down and play a game of medal of honor I'm addicted to it also.

Comm's said...

JP you are an Enabler. Cut that out!

Glen. Good grief, I am trying to NOT play. Lord forbid I start playing with partners online. Internet gaming is like electronic heroin to me.

Stronger- whats goods a gift if it doesn't benefit me?

Sean said...

You can cure your problem by sending me your games bro.

LiNC