Sunday, May 7, 2006

Off the Hook

Well Seasme Street was fun until it started. The three of us had a great morning together hanging out and getting ready for Mighty Mo's first live concert. I skipped training for this. He played with some other kids but we had to ring him in a bit since he is bigger than most 3 year olds and he roars like a dinosaur as he chases them around. I mean thats what 3 year olds do, they run around and giggle, but Mo likes to roar as well. On that same point, Mistress had to take him to work for a few hours last week, (this entire valley is gripped with the stomach flu it seems, not him the sitter) and he was asked not to hug the girls in there so hard since they don't have brothers and only female cousins they weren't used to being squeezed so hard. I think there both funny things.

The show. We sit down and its pretty cramped. I can do 18 hours in coach on an airplane without a whimper but this was cramped. And then this family sits in front of us and, OMG what twinkie truck did they drive here. All the adults were MASSIVE. The dude is easily 3 bills and a lot a change and the two women at least 250. One woman sat in front of me and thought,"Hey this looks like Hurley from lost. Same hair cut, same nose, same shoulders. Oh look in the light she has the same mustache."

I am trying to be a 'concerned parent' for the two kids sitting behind me, so I am leaning forward and thank god I can't smell because seldom does Mistress make comments about body odor in public but I had my head inches from 'Hurley' head and she was giving me the, "Oh honey, I am so sorry look."

I personally didn't mind the show that much. After every song though Mighty Mo would say, "All done, time go!" I am praying its a 90 minute show. At 60 minutes Big Bird calls a 15 minute intermission. I realize there's another hour of this. I finally say, "Oh God, no more," loud enough that I get looks. Though not from "Hurley' she can't turn around. I'm telling you folks, if I was uncomfortable in those seats, 'Hurley' was hating life. Those arm rests digging a solid four inches into the rib blubber couldn't have been pleasant.

Mistress throughs the flag and the show is called on account of Mighty Mo not really giving a rip about the show and my obvious discomfort.

As were going home we decide to go to REI for their sale and make out like bandits. I picked up a new compass, The Brunton 8096 Adventure Racing model, a mag, some 7/16" rope to play with Mo and some coolmax britches. I know, too much info, but folks when its 115 degrees out I need some wicking action if you know what mean. Mistress gets another pair of Timberland Mary Janes. Between the sale and my dividend from last year I paid $46 for what normal retail is $205.

For those that do not know, REI members recieve a dividend back equal to 8-10% of all their purchases from the previous year. I guess I spent some coin there last year.

Training today was a hellacious hill workout with intervals. Will attempt to post graph tomorrow. Two hours. 36 miles. 1850 calories. Good times.



5 comments:

tarheeltri said...

I think you've got a good vision statement there as far as might Mo is concerned. Claudia has become much more interested in me (and running and triathlon) since I started doing one on one stuff with her like my wife has been telling me to do. Nothing big, just trips to the park, or mall, or ice cream shop, or whatever.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that we're staying like a few minutes or so walk from the race in Florida. If you are bringing the family they are welcome to pit stop in our condo during the race for naps or whatnot.

Flatman said...

Nice workout. I would much rather do 36 miles of hills than to have to sit by Hurley during Grover Whatever, Whatever...

Nice haul at REI too!

Bolder said...

way to work that life-TRI balance for you and the family Comm.

well done.

Chris said...

Hahaha! You totally had me rolling with your Hurley descriptions. Hopefully, they were wider than they were tall and they didn't impede your view of the show. :)

A said...

that's nothing compared to the damage i can do at REI if given the chance...i think they put my picture up on the wall after my last visit there...