Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Gear Is Here

I will be honest Blogger has been acting up and this is my third attempt at completely having to rewrite this post so I will not be using all the hyperlinks I have been using in the other writings lost to the internet-verse.

My Polar sponsorship gear arrive the other day. Included in the box is a hat, a black cotton short sleeve shirt, a grey dri-fit long sleeve shirt, my welcome book with all the rules and regulations governing the sponsorship and of course two computers, the RS200sd and the CS200cad.

On Monday the whole team is getting together for the first time. A rep is flying in to give us a solid download of information on how to be experts on the two systems. I think the rep is also going over how we track our training online for the sponsors to follow us and how to use the message boards and all the other forms we will be using online as part of our responsibilites.

By the end of the month I will be getting the customized Polar racing uniforms. I asked if they could send the team's stuff out quick, quick, since most of us are in the race this weekend. If nothing else we can all just wear the hats.

AzTriClub will be setting up a tent with drinks after the race and putting up some club banners. The Machine already has a Polar banner, which no other team has so far (I don't know how either) so that will be hanging proudly from the ceiling and we are going to get a team photo to send in so we get some good press from the company.

It pays to be on the ball.

9 comments:

Kona Shelley said...

Wow...super cool schwag!!

Kona Shelley said...

Wow...super cool schwag!!

Nancy Toby said...

Wow! You're like a rock star!

One other sad laundry tip: Once Coolmax socks go gray, they never, ever go white again. It's just an immutable law of the universe.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

What a cool set of gear! The team will look great with all that stuff.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Cool Gear. Polar rocks! I really like my 625x. And I can't say enough about how great the customer service is.

Flatman said...

Wow, that's a lot of loot! Very cool for you!

Fe-lady said...

Cool- I guess I would have had a better chance to be chosen had I lived in Phoenix as I told them I wouldn't have been able to go to meetings because of work/long drive...oh well, maybe something will open up in Tucson sponsorship wise someday!

Chris said...

Since you're a Polar guy now, do you know why Polar has different speed/cadence sensors for their bike computers and their watches with bike functions? And are the two backwards compatible with each other?

Oldman said...

since i'm catching up on your blog....

what is this did you sellout to the dark side?