Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Boy Having Fun

In a big conference this week. Our Washington State counterparts are down for three days so we can all work on Professional Development using the Stephen Covey's 7 Habits book. I did a year of this about decade ago and it was great, re-reading the book this time and looking at it from my current point of view makes me realize what a great book it really is, no matter your situation.

About 20 of us got together for the dreadded meeting before the meeting to go over the meeting on Tuesday. The meeting ended with a lunch at a nice resturant a few miles away. I decided it might just be the only opportunity I had to catch a workout so I ran changed very quickly, put my work clothes (golf shorts and dri-fit) in a pack and took off sprinting.

I got there before about half of the others. Did a quick shirt changes outside the restaurant and was sitting down dabbing my forehead drinking an Arnold Palmer. Many of the other people, my partners and such, were like, "Did I see you running here. Why would you do that in this heat?"

"I had the time."
____________________
Update 11:45 am: Some people have asked in talkback if I am in Seattle right now. The answer is no. The conference is here in Phoenix. All the Washington folks came down here since we have better weather and they have fewer employees for travel costs.

___________________

Mighty Mo and Mistress went to the Seattle Center and Mo rode some rides for the first time all by himself. Mistress was beside herself but as you can tell by the looks on his face that he was doing okay on his own.


Isn't funny sometimes when you take the picture of a child that when they are at their absolute happiest it looks like they are losing their minds with fear. Well he is having a BLAST here.


This was at the Seattle Aquarium. Notice if you will the pink polo shirt. I have mentioned before that he perfers the preppy look.

9 comments:

stronger said...

He is a mini you.

Cliff said...

Mini Commodore indeed...

I have to pick up that book again.

Jessi said...

Are you in Seattle right now? Or just your wife and son?

Bridget said...

Awesome job getting the run in. My sister and her family are moving to Seattle in a week, let me know if there is anything I need to recommend they see. -They aren't so excited about the move, so some kid friendly tips would be great! Have a fun/safe rest of your trip!

Siren said...

I think he looks really happy! And I dig the pink preppy shirt : )

Glen said...

r u going swimming today and what time is it at if you are

Ellie Hamilton said...

Love your kid!! I'd recognize him if he walked into Starbuck's...

Flatman said...

Omigosh...we are going to have to get our kids together and go shopping at the Gap.

Nytro said...

that's one happy kid, comm.