Wednesday, May 3, 2006

She really is that cool

How did I celebrate signing up for Ironman Arizona yesterday? I worked late. I updated my sidebar, IM'd with IronBenny. I did not stick to my workout plan. At 7 pm I called Mistress.

Mistress: "How was your swim honey?"
"I'm still at my desk."
"Your still going right?"
"How do you feel about that? I probably won't get home until 9 o' clock."
"I really don't mind if you come home late, swim if you want to. I will extract my fee later."
"How do you think Mo will feel?"
"Really honey I think he's like me, he won't care. If you miss your workout tonight fine, but if you work late and skip workouts three or four times a week, then I am going to start getting uptight."
"Your too good to me Mistress, I'll call you on the way home."
"Don't bother, I'm going to bed as soon as Mo does, I'm beat. I'm making meatloaf tonight, I will leave some out for you."

This time I didn't consult her about entering Ironman Arizona for next year. I told her after I paid for it. We have come a long way since signing up for Florida and the infamous Training Contract.

I'm off for a 5 a.m. ride over Usery Pass, about twenty miles will a hard twenty minute climb with Big John and Andy.

6 comments:

Nytro said...

i can understand mistresses viewpoint. when benny doesn't work out he get edgy... and that makes me edgy. an edgy nytro and ironbenny does not work.

congrats again on signing up

Chris said...

Mistress rocks!

Cliff said...

Your wife rocks :)...

A said...

Hey,

It's Amanda from "That's My Roommate!" and I've got a biking question. Lacking any "real" people in my life who bike I've turned to the blogs. If you've got a chance to respond, it would be much appreciated!

So I want to buy a bike right? Because I want to add biking to the running for some variety (variety being the spice of life and all) and I see myself [eventually] doing some tris. Ya know, the little short fun community ones, whatever. So I need a bike. But wow am I girl on a budget and holy crap some of those bikes are expensive.

But I'm a smart shopper and I've been using craigslist.com and checking out people selling bikes. Someone near me happens to be selling a Specialized Allez Triple for 450 vs. whatever it happens to be retailing for these days. The seller claims he's only ridden it once, loves it, but needs the fast cash. Know anything about that particular bike? Or..what should I really be looking for when I go out and make this kind of purchase?

Again, I don't know anything about a bike (where are the brakes?) so if you've got a second to respond it would be so helpful!
Thanks!
Amanda

mipper said...

she's a very good woman indeed.

Habeela said...

Definitely a keeper! I have to remember to add "understands and puts up with triathlon training" to my list of things to look for in a man. :)