Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Alas poor S625, how I knew ye...

I think I mentioned I busted my Polar S625 a few weeks back. By that I mean that I cracked the start/split button and have to send it in to get fixed. I am pretty tough on my gear which is why I will probably never buy carbon fiber wheels.

Using the new Polar RS200 has been super easy. It is not a flagship watch like the 625, its a watch geared towards putting the absolute best of the 625 and other heart rate systems into a watch that the recreational athlete can afford.

What I really like is that it has a function so that when set to a determined distance the watch will automatically lap the watch. Which for me means that I don't have to stare at my watch every .97 miles until I get to a full mile and hit the watch myself to get a split. Or I will get into the grove and totally forget to hit the button and the split is all jacked up.

Another great function is that it has an event countdown. So now every time I look at the watch 1/3 of the screen is a box telling me how days left till 'IRONMAN'. Talk about keeping the goal in focus.

In other news I had another great open water swim without wetsuit yesterday. I was having some difficulty's getting into the grove, not from a mental standpoint I will add, so there were a few time I had to stop swimming, away from shore, to make adjustments to goggles, cough, whatever and I had no issues with it. Other than the effects of race day, I have no fears on the swim coming up.

Last nights dinner was an orange, protien, meal replacement smoothie.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Liquid diet? :)

I had that last night too. Protien fruit shake after my weights and long swim.

The RS200 is really neat. Definitely going to keep that in mind when I get a better HRM.

greyhound said...

I think if my watch constantly reminded me of my upcoming "A" race (and I use the term race very loosely), I'd develop an ulcer. I need to borrow some of that "eye of the tiger" from the iron dudes.

Nytro said...

wow... congrats on the open water swim. now all you gotta do is head to ogden and swim with the tiger muskies.